Monday, August 24, 2009

Jake's First Day of School!!!





OK! So the drama of getting off to the first day of school is done!!!
What a relief!
Jake did WONDERFULLY! I could tell he was a little nervous, but he was very brave and we're so proud of him!
It might be hard to hear in the video, but he asked the bus driver if she had my phone number so that she could call me if he had any questions. :) SO SWEET!!!
So, right now he's sitting in class and in hour he'll be eating his lunch!!! OH, to be a fly on the wall in his classroom!
These pictures are all out of order, so sorry for any confusion. I just wanted to get them on here so everyone could enjoy the videos.
To celebrate Jake's first day of school, he requested lasagna for dinner and a chocolate cake with raspberry frosting for dessert. Rudy and I have our work cut our for ourselves today!!!
So far, the house is unusually quiet. Rudy is watching cartoons and there's no fighting! I'm sad that Jake isn't with us right now, but I think I can get used to this!
Here comes the bus!!!




Putting his bookbag in his cubby


Mrs. Rock


Looking for his classroom

Following the bus to school



Waiting at the bus stop!


Please excuse my acting like a spaz and telling Jeremy to "TAKE MORE PICTURES!!" and also excuse my blubbering at the end of the video...I can't help it! My baby is going off to school all by himself! I thought I was excited for this day and that I could be strong, but as it turns out, I am WEAK! ;-)




4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Jacob!!! You did so great!! I am so very proud of you! I hope your first day of school was the best ever. I'm so glad you went to school because I was able to come get my bike!!!
I love you Be-Bop!!

Amanda said...

Rudy, if you try to get on that bus again, I'm going to throw you up onto the roof!!
I love you, Rew!!!

Melissa said...

AAHH! Kim, I cried! That little Jacob is such a big boy now! I remember coming to the hospital to see him after he was born, gosh...seems like yesterday! GO JAKE!!
I love the teacher when she sees his lunch..."your gonna be fat"! LOL LOL LOL
I know the end of the day was rough, but glad the rest went so well. Good job buddy! We're so proud of you!
We love you!!

BusyMommie said...

I still can't believe he's in kindergarden..shoot I can't believe the twins are in kindergarden. Our babies are growing up!