Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's official. I feel old!


Jake came home from school yesterday with some wonderful news. His girlfriend (since the first week of school - I have a video of him telling me about her and once I find it, I'll post it.) wants to marry him and he wants to marry her. AND!!! While they were waiting for buses to be called in the afternoon, he kissed her......on the lips.....three times! (Those were his words!) This morning he got ready really quickly so he would have enough time to write a note with his phone number to give to her. He also shamoussed (that's what he thinks mousse is called) his hair so he'd look nice for her.

I told him that since he's so grown up now and getting married, he needs to get a job. At dinner he let me know that instead of his previous career goal of working at Chick-fil-a, he wants to be a dentist so he can have his own special tools.

I love keeping track of these stories because the kids LOVE to hear stories about themselves whenever we are in the car. They particularly love stories about when they've gotten hurt. Rudy tends to enjoy making up stories about himself getting hurt when he was a baby. They are quite entertaining and I'm hoping I can get one on video to post on here one day.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Whooaaaa, Jake!!! Kissing girls on the lips already...yikes! He IS right about looking good all shamoussed! He is the funniest kid ever! I love you all!

Melissa said...

Hey now - wait a minute - Madelyn is going to be quite upset, I better not tell her! At least Rudy is still single :)